There’s so much to love about Dirigo Pines — and this Valentine’s Day, we’re counting the ways! Whether you’re a nature lover or looking for a gourmet meal, you’ll fall head over heels for Dirigo Pines. What do you love about Dirigo? Share it in the comments below!
- Getting Social: Making new friends and spending time with others is not only fun, it’s good for you! Socializing is key in maintaining a healthy physical and emotional balance. But it can be tricky to make new friends as an adult. Finding people with similar interests is a great place to start – and Dirigo Pines is full of fun ways to do just that. Every day Dirigo residents can join in different activities of all kinds – from Bridge, Cribbage and Mah Jong groups to our singing Songsters, regular art classes, Bible study groups, and much more. Love to go out to eat? Join the Out to Lunch Bunch. Want to attend a concert? See a play? Get hooked on Downton Abbey? The Dirigo Pines activity staff plans regular exercise programs, guest speakers, musical entertainment, outings to local shows and attractions, movies and more. With fulfilling programs and activities every day, it’s easy to meet new people and make new friends.
- Delectable Dining: From an incredible Sunday brunch to scrumptious dinners to our All Day Dining Program, there’s always something cooking at Dirigo Pines. Chef Lew Stubbs and the talented team in the kitchen leave residents and visitors raving about the meals at Dirigo. Using locally sourced produce and seafood is important to the team, and ensures high quality, fresh and delicious meals. And our All Day Dining Program gives residents the freedom of choice with options like breakfast for dinner or lunch at 2 p.m. rather than noon.
- Cast a Line: There are lots of unique things that set Dirigo apart. Nature lovers will fall in love with our beautiful campus, complete with walking trails and two stocked fishing ponds inviting residents to cast a line. The ponds are stocked with small trout each spring, just before we celebrate our annual Fishing Derby for anglers of all skill levels. Residents have been known to hook a monster or two and throw them right on the grill! The ponds are one of the many ways to enjoy nature at Dirigo. We’re surrounded by trails and benches, and it’s not uncommon to spot a deer, Canada geese or a heron enjoying the natural beauty.
- Take a Stroll: What’s more romantic than a walk in the woods with someone you love? The trails at Dirigo connect in with the Orono Land Trust’s Sklar Park trail system, a 40-acre parcel situated at the west end of Main Street, between Route 2 and I-95. Pick up a trail brochure – developed by our residents and available at the trail entrance behind the Dirigo Pines Inn – and get walking and discovering! Click here for more information about our trails!
- Practice Your Short Game: It’s a clever date idea: invite someone special to putt around Dirigo’s Piney Knoll Putting Green. Just outside the Dirigo Pines Inn you can find the 40×15 foot artificial turf putting green. It was installed in 2015, and it’s been a popular attraction ever since — and a great way to dust off your short game and have some fun with friends.
Come see for yourself what retirement at Dirigo Pines looks like. Call 1-866-344-3400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a tour.