Want to impress at the next neighborhood BBQ? Bring this tasty appetizer from the American Heart Association. Find even more heart healthy recipes at www.heart.org!
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 seedless English cucumber, sliced into 1/8 inch thick, (18-24 slices)
- 1/4 cup gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 1/4 cup plain rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Micro greens, chopped kimchi, chopped roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, sliced scallions
- Combine cream cheese, green onion, cilantro and soy sauce in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine gochujang, vinegar, honey and garlic powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steaks; keep warm.
- To assemble, top each cucumber slice with 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture. Dice steak into bite-size pieces; toss in gochujang mixture. Top cream cheese mixture with steak. Garnish with micro greens, kimchi, peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro and scallions, if desired.
The American Heart Association’s website is a great place for seniors and people of all ages to find delicious heart healthy recipes. Click here for more AHA recipes!