Dirigo Pines’ new Meadowbrook Commons Specialized Care expansion has been getting lots of attention lately — and rightly so. As the need for specialized care in our state continues to grow, Dirigo Pines is ready with the addition of seven efficiency apartments, similar to our assisted living apartments. Each unit has a small kitchenette and separate bedroom. In addition, we’ve added two new studio apartments to Meadowbrook Commons as well.
Local TV stations recently stopped by to check out the new apartments. Dirigo’s Specialized Care offers couples or individuals a unique option of practical help and assistance with daily activities, bathing, dressing and more.
Many people find they’re not quite ready for a skilled nursing facility, but they do need more help with daily activities. That’s where Specialized Care at Dirigo Pines’ Meadowbrook Commons can help. Offering a higher level of assisted living, our caring staff can help with bathing, dressing, getting in and out of chairs or bed, cooking dinner, doing laundry, and more. And it’s often less expensive than a skilled nursing facility and provided in a more comfortable, home-like setting.
As Community Outreach Director Susan Habeeb explains, “What I think is very special about us is we often have couples that come together and it does give that respite to the spouse who was the caregiver and yet, they can be together and they will do better if they can be together.”
Services & Amenities
- Therapeutic assistance with activities of daily living (eating, ambulation, transfer, bathing, dressing and toileting)
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments with attendant
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Professional care planning to enhance residents’ health
- Three nutritious and delicious meals daily
- Linen and laundry service
- 24‐hour on‐site care associates
- Wellness programs
- On‐site emergency response system
- Routine housekeeping
- Social, recreational, and cultural programs
- Utilities, including cable TV, heat, air conditioning, and electricity
- Medical Director oversight available