We’re counting the ways we love Dirigo Pines this month. From fun activities to delicious food and amazing residents and staff, there are so many things to love about living at Dirigo Pines. Here are just a few…
- Delicious Dining: From an incredible Sunday brunch to scrumptious dinners to our All Day Dining Program, there’s always something cooking at Dirigo Pines. Chef Lew Stubbs and the talented team in the kitchen leave residents and visitors raving about the meals at Dirigo. Using locally sourced produce and seafood is important to the team, and ensures high quality, fresh and delicious meals. And our new All Day Dining Program gives residents the freedom of choice with options like breakfast for dinner or lunch at 2 p.m. rather than noon.
- Gone Fishin’: There are lots of unique things that set Dirigo apart. Nature lovers will fall in love with our beautiful campus, complete with walking trails and two stocked fishing ponds inviting residents to cast a line. The ponds are stocked with small trout each spring, just before we celebrate our annual Fishing Derby for anglers of all skill levels. Residents have been known to hook a monster or two and throw them right on the grill! The ponds are one of the many ways to enjoy nature at Dirigo. They’re surrounded by trails and benches, and it’s not uncommon to spot a deer, Canada geese or a heron enjoying the natural beauty.
- Take a Hike: The trails at Dirigo connect in with the Orono Land Trust’s Sklar Park trail system, a 40-acre parcel situated at the west end of Main Street, between Route 2 and I-95. Pick up a trail brochure – developed by our residents and available at the trail entrance behind the Dirigo Pines Inn – and get walking and discovering! Click here for more information about our trails!
- The People That You’ll Meet: From the moment you walk into the central Inn, there’s no doubt that the residents and staff of Dirigo Pines are some of the friendly people you’ll ever meet. There’s always someone to greet you with a warm smile or offer a helping hand. Our nursing staff is available around the clock and our maintenance crew is always ready to help. Dirigo is home to people from all over the world and all kinds of backgrounds, including artists, musicians, college professors, outdoor enthusiasts, and world travelers.
- Getting To Know You: Getting to know all the wonderful people at Dirigo is easy thanks to dozens of activities and programs for all kinds of interests. Love to go out to eat? Join the Out to Lunch Bunch. Want to play a game of cribbage? Attend a concert? See a play? Get hooked on Downton Abbey? The Dirigo Pines activity staff plans regular exercise programs, guest speakers, musical entertainment, outings to local shows and attractions, movies and more. With fulfilling programs and activities every day, it’s easy to meet new people and make new friends.
- Healthcare Services When You Need Them: Working with area hospitals, Dirigo Pines offers a depth of medical expertise to all residents. The Inn provides independent and assisted living opportunities, as well as memory care and specialized care. Primary and specialized care practitioners provide on-site geriatric care, podiatry, physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy services.
Come see for yourself what retirement at Dirigo Pines looks like. Call 1-866-344-3400 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule a tour.