Our Specialized Care neighborhood is growing! Meadowbrook Commons offers a higher level of assisted living for people who need more care, but aren’t ready to move to a skilled nursing facility. Specialized care provides a higher level of personal care for those who need more assistance with the activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, getting in and out of chairs or bed, cooking dinner, doing laundry, and more. Offering more care than assisted living, specialized care is often less expensive than a skilled nursing facility and provides a more home-like setting.
As the need for these services continues to grow, Dirigo Pines’ Meadowbrook Commons is growing too. We’re adding seven efficiency apartments similar to our assisted living apartments, with a small kitchenette and separate bedroom, as well as two new studio apartments.
People often ask us the difference between our Assisted Living and Specialized Care settings. Our routine Service Plan meetings help to determine when more assistance can make for a more enjoyable lifestyle. The number of activities with which a resident needs assistance, as well as the amount of time required for those activities, determines whether the resident can benefit from either Assisted Living or Specialized Care.
What Specialized Care Can Offer
We provide assistance around the clock, and medical care is close at hand. Eastern Maine Medical Center and St. Joseph Hospital, each just 15 minutes away, provide state‐of‐the‐art specialty services for our residents needing advanced care.
Meadowbrook Commons is often a great option for couples with different care needs. Here are few of our other amenities:
Services & Amenities
- Therapeutic assistance with activities of daily living (dressing, dining, medications and more)
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments with attendant
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Professional care planning to enhance residents’ health
- Healthy, chef-prepared meals
- Linen and laundry service
- 24‐hour on‐site care associates
- Wellness programs
- On‐site emergency response system
- Routine housekeeping
- Social, recreational, and cultural programs
- Utilities, including cable TV, heat, air conditioning, and electricity
- Medical Director oversight available
Best of all, our residents enjoy our welcoming retirement community setting that truly feels like home. We’d love to welcome you!
Click here to learn more about our Specialized Care and other living options. To schedule a visit, call 866-344-3400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.