Fall is officially here! Time to warm your belly and use up that leftover fruit from apple picking with this tasty and comforting recipe for Apple Bread Pudding from the American Heart Association. Find even more heart healthy recipes at www.heart.org!
- cooking spray
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves or allspice
- 6 slices light, whole-grain or multigrain bread, cubed
- 3 medium apples (cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup of any one of the following: raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or dried blueberries, chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Spray 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, milk, sugar blend, vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add bread and apple cubes. Add fruit or nuts if desired. Mix well.
- Pour mixture in to prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
The American Heart Association’s website is a great place for seniors and people of all ages to find delicious heart healthy recipes. Click here for more AHA recipes!