Give dessert a healthy boost with chia seeds! Find even more heart healthy recipes at www.heart.org!
- 2 medium ripe avocados (peeled, pitted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients except the almonds until smooth.
- Transfer the pudding to serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the chia seeds to thicken.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the almonds if desired.
The American Heart Association’s website is a great place for seniors and people of all ages to find delicious heart healthy recipes. Click here for more AHA recipes!