Whether you’re at a lose for what to do for the special women in your life this Mother’s Day or just looking for something different to do with the ladies – there’s no shortage of Mother’s Day fun in the Dirigo Pines area. Here are a few ideas we recommend:
- Mother’s Day Beer Brewing: For the mom who has everything and enjoys a good brew, Central Street Farmhouse in Bangor is offering a Mother’s Day Beer Brewing course (for moms and non-moms alike!). Get a lesson in beer brewing, samples, snacks and your own six-pack of homebrew for $50. Scheduled for May 13 at 1 p.m. Find more details at centralstreetfarmhouse.com.
- Enjoy a Show: “I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti,” the story of Giulia, who shares stories of good food and bad boyfriends, is being performed at the Penobscot Theatre Company in downtown Bangor through May 14. Visit penobscottheatre.org for details and tickets.
- Pasta for Beginners: Speaking of spaghetti, The Mill Inn + Cafe in nearby Dover-Foxcroft is offering a Mother’s Day workshop on making homemade rustic pasta on May 14 at 3 p.m. Use simple tools, learn about different flours, and wrap it up with a tasting of fresh pasta. Find more at dfmill.com.
- Color Bangor 5K: Get Mom moving by joining the walkers and runners participating in the American Folk Festival’s 2017 Color Bangor 5K. A fun and colorful event, with multiple stations where volunteers cover participants in colored corn-starch powder. Visit americanfolkfestival.com to register.
- Celtic Music: Enjoy dinner and a pint at Geaghan’s Restaurant & Pub in Bangor on May 14 and listen to local musicians playing celtic music from 5-7 p.m. Visit geaghans.com for more info.
Have your own great idea for Mother’s Day fun? Share it with us!