Whether it’s the luck of the Irish that brought you to Dirigo Pines or just a lucky decision – here are 6 very lucky reasons to live at Dirigo Pines.
- Something for Everyone. We all have different interests and abilities. Whether you want to spend your retirement traveling, singing, meeting new people – there’s a never-ending list of activities and programs for every interest at Dirigo Pines. It’s easy to meet new people and make new friends. Dirigo Pines activity staff offers exercise programs, fascinating guest speakers, musical entertainment, outings to local shows and attractions, movies and more.
- Resources You Need. Dirigo Pines’ various levels of care ensure you and your loved ones will have the care you need as you age. From independent cottages and apartments to assisted living to memory care, Dirigo offers the care you need as your healthcare needs change over time.
- Friendly and Professional Staff. There’s always someone to greet you with a warm smile at Dirigo or offer a helping hand. Our nursing staff is available around the clock, and our maintenance crew is always ready to help.
- Beautiful Facilities. From spring fishing in the stocked ponds, to summer meals on the stone patio, to walking the nature trails to enjoy the fall foliage or winter’s wonderland, there’s something to enjoy every season. And inside, the Dirigo Pines Inn offers multiple stone fireplaces, a cozy and well-stocked library, billiards room and more.
- Convenient Location. Orono’s central location means we’re just a short drive to amazing attractions like Acadia National Park, Maine’s rocky coastline, the western mountains, outdoor adventures in the great north woods, or a day of shopping in Freeport. Within Orono itself, great restaurants, museums, and the University of Maine are all easily accessible.
- Amazing Food. Our chefs make mouth-watering meals that leave residents (and visitors) raving. Using locally sourced produce and seafood is important to the team, and ensures high quality, fresh and delicious meals. From grilled salmon to monte cristos to lobster ravioli, the dining at Dirigo can’t be beat. And don’t miss Sunday brunch – it’s an amazing spread you’ll be thinking about all week!