As we age many of us need help with certain activities of daily living, like getting up from a chair or out of bed, cooking dinner, or doing laundry. For those needing additional help, Meadowbrook Commons at Dirigo Pines offers Specialized Care.
People often ask us the difference between our Assisted Living and Specialized Care settings. Our routine Service Plan meetings help to determine when more assistance can make for a more enjoyable lifestyle. The number of activities with which a resident needs assistance, as well as the amount of time required for those activities, determines whether the resident can benefit from either Assisted Living or Specialized Care.
What Specialized Care Can Offer
Our specialized care neighborhood provides a higher level of personal care for those who need more assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, getting in and out of chairs or bed, walking, and eating.
We provide assistance around the clock, and medical care is close at hand. Eastern Maine Medical Center and St. Joseph Hospital, each just 15 minutes away, provide state‐of‐the‐art specialty services for our residents needing advanced care.
Services & Amenities
- Therapeutic assistance with activities of daily living (eating, ambulation, transfer, bathing, dressing and toileting)
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments with attendant
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Professional care planning to enhance residents’ health
- Three nutritious and delicious meals daily
- Linen and laundry service
- 24‐hour on‐site care associates
- Wellness programs
- On‐site emergency response system
- Routine housekeeping
- Social, recreational, and cultural programs
- Utilities, including cable TV, heat, air conditioning, and electricity
- Medical Director oversight available
Meadowbrook Commons even offers residents special activities every day – check out our monthly Calendar of Events to learn more.
Click here to learn more about our Specialized Care and other living options. To schedule a visit, call 866-344-3400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.