Dirigo Pines offers amazing services, beautiful grounds, convenient living accommodations, and the friendliest staff around. Here are just a few of the other reasons residents feel lucky to be living at Dirigo…
- The People You’ll Meet. Meeting new people is always fun, and Dirigo residents are some of friendly and most interesting around. Artists, musicians, college professors, outdoor enthusists, world travelers – you never know who you might meet while walking the halls or trails, attending an event or enjoying dinner.
- Fun & Games. We know how to have fun. From concerts and play productions put on by the staff and residents, to fun traditions like watching Dirigo Dug come out of his tent each Groundhog Day to predict the beginning of spring, there’s no shortage of entertainment at Dirigo Pines. The Dirigo Pines activity staff plans regular exercise programs, guest speakers, groups for all interests, musical entertainment, outings to local shows and attractions, movies and more.
- Wildlife. Lots of people come to Maine just to see a moose. The wildlife at Dirigo is abundant, from a huge variety of beautiful birds to deer, moose, and the occassional black bear. Enjoy a walk on our beautiful nature trails or grab a bench down by one of the stocked fishing ponds and watch the wonder of nature in every season.
- The Staff. Dirigo Pines boasts the friendliest and most professional staff around. There’s always someone to greet you with a warm smile at Dirigo or offer a helping hand. Our nursing staff is available around the clock, our maintenance crew is always ready to help, and our kitchen staff is top notch.
- Convenience. Whether you love Maine for its gorgeous coastline, fun towns or the ability to get away from it all, Orono is conveniently and centrally located in our great state. The town of Orono is home to the University of Maine, and all independent residents of the Dirigo Inn receive a Pines Pass, which allows for special discounts at UMaine. All other Dirigo residents can apply for the Pines Pass and receive the discounts as well. Activities and services include tickets to the Maine Center for the Arts, UMaine athletic events, library card, parking pass, Fitness Center discount, purchases in the UMaine bookstore, and meals at the Marketplace Cafe. Click here for more information about the Pines Pass.