There are many misconceptions and confusion about assisted living and what it includes, so to help clarify and explain what assisted living looks like at Dirigo Pines, here are 5 things you may not know…
- You can maintain your independence. Assisted living allows residents to be more independent, active and engaged by helping with life’s day-to-day tasks that can be overwhelming, difficult and time consuming.
- Assisted Living apartments are specially designed. Dirigo’s assisted living apartments come in a variety of options, and all include a kitchen area, living room, separate bedroom and individual bathroom. Click here to see the options available.
- It’s an affordable option. When you start crunching the numbers, assisted living can be a more cost-effective option than trying to obtain services like nursing care, meals, housekeeping and yard maintenance at home. Click here to check out our post on comparing costs, which including a worksheet to help you figure out the real cost of all those services.
- Assisted living is not synonymous with nursing home. While nursing home residents may need around the clock assistance, assisted living simply offers help for primarily independent people. Dirigo assisted living residents can receive help with laundry, housekeeping, medications and personal care, while maintaining their independence. They also have the comfort of knowing nursing staff is available 24-7 should a problem arise.
- Services are tailored to each resident. Designed to meet your individual requirements, the assisted living program at Dirigo Pines provides help with personal care and medications whenever needed. In addition, three meals are served daily. Housekeeping and laundry service are provided on a bi-weekly basis. Nursing staff is available around the clock with Medical Director oversight.