Our residents and visitors rave about Dirigo Pines. Let us count the ways…
- Stunning Facilities. The grounds and buildings of Dirigo Pines are simply beautiful. From spring fishing in the stocked ponds, to summer meals on the stone patio, to walking the nature trails to enjoy the fall foliage or winter’s wonderland, there’s something to enjoy every season. And inside, the Dirigo Pines Inn offers multiple stone fireplaces, a cozy and well-stocked library, billiards room and more.
- Friendly and Professional Staff. There’s always someone to greet you with a warm smile at Dirigo or offer a helping hand. Our nursing staff is available around the clock, and our maintenance crew is always ready to help.
- Fun Programs. With fulfilling programs and activities every day, it’s easy to meet new people and make new friends. Dirigo Pines activity staff offers exercise programs, fascinating guest speakers, groups for all interests, musical entertainment, outings to local shows and attractions, movies and more.
- Convenient Location. Centrally located in the great state of Maine, Orono is just a short drive to amazing attractions like Acadia National Park, Maine’s rocky coastline, the western mountains, outdoor adventures in the great north woods, or a day of shopping in Freeport. Within Orono itself, great restaurants, museums, and the University of Maine are all easily accessible. All independent residents of the Dirigo Inn receive a Pines Pass, which allows for special discounts at UMaine and $125 applied to the card annually. All other Dirigo residents can apply for the Pines Pass and receive the discounts as well. Activities and services include tickets to the Maine Center for the Arts, UMaine athletic events, library card, parking pass, Fitness Center discount, purchases in the UMaine bookstore, and meals at the Marketplace Cafe. Click here for more information about the Pines Pass.
- Pet Friendly. Dirigo Pines is a pet-friendly facility. We are home to many animals at the Inn and in our cottages, offering residents the companionship, love and compassion that only a furry friend can give. For those who are not able to have a pet, we are lucky to have regular visits from a variety of therapy animals. Our therapy dogs are always greeted warmly by residents, particularly in our Memory Loss Neighborhood.
- Putting Green. There are lots of ways to stay active at Dirigo, and one of the most beloved is the Piney Knoll Putting Green outside the Dirigo Pines Inn. A little over a year ago, the 40 by 15 foot artificial turf putting green was installed, and it’s been a popular attraction ever since. Residents were out clearing snow off the green this past spring, anxious to get swinging. It’s a great way to get outside, stay fit and have some fun!
- Amazing Food. We may have saved the best for last. Chef Lou Stubbs and his incredible team in the kitchen make mouth-watering meals that leave residents (and visitors) raving. Using locally sourced produce and seafood is important to the team, and ensures high quality, fresh and delicious meals. From grilled salmon to monte cristos to lobster ravioli, the dining at Dirigo can’t be beat. And don’t miss Sunday brunch – it’s an amazing spread you’ll be thinking about all week! What’s for dinner tonight? Click here to see the full menu.